Monday, February 18, 2008

When geek meets knit

As I mentioned last week, I was making my husband's Valentine's Day present. Here's what I did:

For those non-geeky folks, it's a dice bag. But not just any dice bag. It's a dice bag with the Green Lantern logo on it.

I charted the logo myself a few years back, when I made him a pair of Green Lantern Socks. In fact, it's the same yarn for the socks! Waste not, want not - A great justification for your yarn stash.

The bottom I put in short rows. This gave it a nice curve to look more like a bag, and the bottom didn't have to get sewn up.

I'm thinking of writing a pattern up for it. I haven't written one before, so it would be something new to add to my crafty repertoire.

I love knitting "Geeky" things. So far, I've made a Dr. Who scarf, GL socks, GL dice bag, a few Knithulus, and Wonder Woman bracelets. I haven't made a "Jayne" hat yet, or a knit Dalek. I've got a few ideas up my sleeve, however, for some more geekiness in the future.

Now that the present is done, I've gone back to the "mundane" knitting, Pomatamus. I've finished the leg, turned the heel, and in the final stretch of the foot. These will be done and on my tootsies hopefully soon!

No comments: