Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hearts a'knittin'

My sock has been taking a holiday on my computer desk this week, so I can knit my husband a Valentine's day present. I cannot show you progress on that , in case he reads this and then the whole surprise is ruined!

Instead, I'd like to share some fabulous Valentine-themed patterns I've found:


Heart-Felt Necklace found here: Coats and Clark
I love this, because it's not just knit. The mixed mediums of this little piece wants me to rush down to the local craft store to get the materials!


Conversation Hearts Scarf on Crochet Me
I'm a sucker for conversation hearts...and granny squares!


Handful of Hearts from Mochimochiland
must...not...die...from the cute...of leetle hearts...SQUEE!


Lovemeknot illusion socks at slippedstitch's blog
This pattern reminds me I need to try illusion knitting...and what fun on socks, when you see the pattern when you wiggle your toes!!!


If these patterns didn't hit you like Cupid's arrow, try Knitting Pattern Cental for some heart-themed patterns.

And finally, for those who celebrate "Black Thursday," The AntiCraft has a pattern to express how you feel about Valentine's Day, or to get your Buffy on:
Stabbity Stabbity!


Whatever you do on Thursday, be sure to stay warm, whether it's snuggling with a loved one, or some warm wool and needles!

No comments: