Sunday, January 27, 2008

Old Trick, New Lesson

Last week I mentioned starting a new sock. So far, I have finished the cuff, and one pattern repeat of the leg.

In one of the knitting panels I was in, someone mentioned when doing lace or a repeated pattern, it was a good idea to put stitch markers in between the repeats.

GENIUS! Of course, I did this with the "I do" shawl, but that's only because the pattern told me to. On the next round I could, I quickly added the stitch markers in between the repeats, and oh man, did it help!
You can see the stitch markers between the repeats, two per side.

This is the lesson this week: What works in one pattern, will work in another. If you always just follow a pattern to the letter, you may not get fearless and take risks in your knitting.

No comments: